23 February 2016

Catlins Coast ,Taieri Gorge Railway,Dunedin Botanic Gardens

4th post from my recent NZ trip written in early April after returning home.
Link to photo album.

Some rest and recuperation after our previous seven day tramp,travelling along the south coast stopping off at various points of interest ,and staying at a lovely little camping ground on the inlet at Pounawea which I'd remembered from a 2009 trip.


Quirky Catlins cafe


Surat Bay

NZ Sea Lion
2009 photo
Elsewhere a bach but in Otago and Southland it's a crib
Nugget Point
 


We'd pre-booked B&B in Dunedin for the last two nights of Andrew's trip before he headed home ,as we were going on the Taieri Gorge Railway journey. Our only fully paid up "Experience" I think.

Hulmes Court B&B
 














A slap up meal at the Scotia Bistro on Andrew's last night with Emersons beer in a pub afterwards.The bill came to quite a few $5 backcountry hut nights.
I still had ten days left of my trip and planned to head up the east coast and then inland to Twizel and do another multi day tramp but before leaving Dunedin went for a look at the Botanic Gardens.This is the latest that I've seen it in summer and with the roses in full bloom.

















I've noticed that most of the botanic garden shots that I took are of colourful flowers after being out on my tramps in the intense green of the bush.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...