22 January 2013

Gran Canaria photos

Snow in England in January, whatever next!
Have just returned from a warm week on Gran Canaria. Here's a link to the photo album

I picked a very clear day to go up to Roque Nublo ,which had been shrouded in cloud for most of my previous trip in 2011.

This was about the only place I saw other walkers ,otherwise I had the paths virtually to myself.

The mountain almond blossom is spectacular in January
Gran Canaria has Spain's largest botanical garden, set on the side of a barranco. I took lots of photos which I've edited down in the album.


As usual the small holdings were an inspiration for growing veg on my allotment.I'd already decided to give leeks a proper go this year.




1 comment:

Roger Brook - No Dig Gardener said...

Hi Shinny,
As you know from our correspondence on my own blog I am in Maderia and blogging about it. I recognise the yellow soil on the vegetable plot which looks much better managed than some I will be blogging about in a couple of weeks when I get back home!
Nice to discover your blog, thanks for the link in your column

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...