19 April 2013

Spring garden flowers,shoots and seeds

Now that I've got the allotment ,I'm making my back garden beds fairly low maintenance with fruit bushes and shrubs interplanted with bulbs and flowers. I've also been establishing an asparagus bed that may even produce some decent spears this year.

This morning I sowed some containers with end of packet globe artichoke,borage and summer squash seeds (in toilet rolls) and also some mesclun and very mixed lettuce and put them in the cold frames after spring cleaning the glass panes.









Compared to this time last year the garden still looks rather bare but the small daffodils and other bulbs certainly help to brighten things up.

1 comment:

Belinda Robinson said...

What beautiful photos - fantastic colours. So nice to see the new growth!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...