21 March 2012

How about this for raised bed gardening

Some photos that I took on my recent New Zealand trip of Grae's impressive raised beds at Beaconstone Eco Lodge ,an upmarket backpackers south of Westport on the West Coast.





Green manure crop



Although the West Coast is noted for it's high rainfall it does have lots of sunshine too.

A few more shots showing the Lodge and the surrounding coastal bush.


My friend Andrew having an evening cuppa.Why don't we do verandahs in the UK?


Solar powered toilet block

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, found your site when searching for allotments in the Borwick Parish. I've lived at New England for the past four years and would love to find an allotment near me - could you guide me in the right direction?

Many thanks,


Sunny Winter
NB Brock
sunnywinter@f2s.com

David Shinn said...

Sounds as if you need to get in touch with Borwick Parish Council to see what they are doing regards allotment provision?
Are there any local farmers who are prepared to let the local community have an area to turn into allotments?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...