5 April 2012

From digging to planting

I managed to complete the third dig over of the top section this morning,having painstakingly forked over the first two metres yesterday ,uncovering lots more root,stone,glass etc.

Metal,glass,root,stone plus part of deck from Viking longship


 Today I whipped through the rest peasant style with my new medium heavy azada. Got into the swing of things letting the heavier azada do the work ,creating a shallow furrow at a slight angle away from me which meant that I didn't then tread the soil in.

Just like they do it on Madeira
Planted some potatoes side by side in a wide row and then practised on another wide row ready for my first sowing of onions,beetroot ,chard and salads tomorrow.


Almost looks like the video!



1 comment:

Rooko said...

It's always nice to start planting as opposed to digging. The raised rows look good to me. I use a similar system for Cucumbers but keep the sides of my spud rows steeper & compacted in case of blight so that any blight spores from the plants are washed down into the trenches, not into the tubers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...