27 June 2013

New potatoes

Pleased with my first dig of the Orla potatoes.A decent haul from two plants.The tubers are larger than I thought they'd be after just over 11 weeks in the ground.They have a bit of common scab on the skin (which might be due in part to the very dry soil) but clean up nicely.

Also a good harvest of lettuce,chives,parsley and three kinds of chard.The Bright Lights radish are also doing well as an mixer/intercrop and seem less prone to being nibbled by pests when compared the French Breakfast type that I usually grow.

Bright Lights radish


Orla potato checked for quality


Guess what.I'll be having salad and potatoes for my lunch,tea,dinner ........

3 comments:

Sue Garrett said...

What a artistic looking harvest which I'm sure tasted as good as it looked.

Rooko said...

Nice looking haul, I've stuck with main crop potatoes only this year due to the earlier bad weather and a very busy year so far.

Peggy said...

Congratulations, what a colouful display and a feast fit for a king!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...